***Exchange your old English books from 10a.m.-4p.m.***
This is how the Amerikahaus Book Swap works:
1. Pick your books you want to swap (English books only!)
2. Exchange them at the Amerikahaus for Book Swap Coupons
3. Use these coupons to swap other books
Remember: sharing is caring — please only swap books in good condition.
Bring your books with you on the day of the Book Swap or exchange them in advance for Book Swap Coupons at our reception (only from Monday, October 22, to Friday, October 26, during our regular business hours).
We will also offer coffee, tea, and literary cake.
BOOK SWAP CONDITIONS
We want to make sure that you and the rest of our guests enjoy our Book Swap. In order to make this happen, we hope that you will accept the following conditions:
1. You will get a certain number of coupons per book, mostly depending on the type of book (hardcover/paperback), its condition and its first publication year. You can use these coupons to swap for other books on the day of our Book Swap.
It was very challenging to come up with a system that is as fair as possible. Please be so kind and help us out by accepting our coupon allocation system. We fully understand if you think that some of your books are not being awarded enough coupons. In this case, please keep your book instead of swapping it. Bargaining would not be fair to other book swappers.
2. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that you will find books to your liking and/or for the exact amount of coupons you have received from us for your old books.
Please accept that you might leave with fewer books than you have dropped off – or, in the worst-case scenario, with no books at all.
Thank you for understanding and accepting the conditions above. We appreciate your support and we hope you will find many great reads!
>Is there a maximum amount of books I can swap?
>No, feel free to swap as many of your English books as you like.
>What kind of books can I swap?
>Any English book in good condition. Thank you for understanding that we won't accept damaged books (extensively creased, broken spines, heavily notated, loose pages, water/mildew damage etc.).
>I have leftover coupons from the last Amerikahaus Book Swap. Can I use them to swap books?
>Yes, you can!
Bavarian Center for Transatlantic Relations
NOTICE OF FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
When you enter an Amerikahaus event, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes, news, our publications, press, inclusion on our website and social media.